The Key pieces of Legislation in Australia are The Work Health and Safety Act (2011) and The Work Health and Safety Regulations (2011).
The best way to access the legislation and regulations is via the regulator's web site in your State or Territory. This is because once you have downloaded a document you can no longer be certain that it is up to date as changes and amendments can be made at any time to these key pieces of legislation.
Safe Work Australia is the peak Australian health and safety policy development agency.
The Commonwealth, states and territories retain responsibility for regulating and enforcing work health and safety laws in their jurisdiction.
Contact your regulator for information and advice on:
- Complying with Work Health and Safety laws.
- Reporting a workplace incident.
- Renewing or applying for licences.
- Workers' compensation claims.
- Registering plant and plant designs.